saw this article entitled “The 10 Worst PC Keyboards of All Time” on pcworld off /. did not realise there’s so many interesting/confusing keyboards before the first ibm-pc keyboard that i have ever owned.
some of the comments on some of the keyboards:
- Some of the keys controlled as many as six different functions.
- had no Backspace key.
- too many symbols printed on each key.
- poor key placement … resulting in users’ making repeated accidental hits and sending the cursor back up to the top of the screen.
- have anyone seen the period key? Oh, it’s over there on the numeric keypad.
- no Left Shift key existed–instead, a Control key sat in its place
- most frustrating key combinations was Shift-Q, which would quit a program or reset the computer, much to the chagrin of users who lost a day’s work while erroneously trying to capitalize the letter Q.
how lucky i am 😛